BIRMINGHAM, Mich. -

A Detroit radio sportscaster is recovering after being burned on his face while a steak was being prepared at his restaurant table.

Mike Valenti of 97.1 The Ticket suffered the burns to his cheek, nose and lips Friday at Bistro Joe’s in Birmingham.

Attorney Gerald Thurswell said his client ordered the “Flaming Tomahawk,” a dish that is prepared by igniting a steak tableside.

During the preparation, Thurswell said, the server put liquor on the food, sparking the flames.

The flames jumped to Valenti’s face, Thurswell said.

Valenti was treated and released from a hospital. He was back to work on Monday.

Bistro Joe’s executive chef, Jacques Van Staden, told Local 4 the server likely accidentally over poured the liquor.

Van Staden said no other injuries have ever occurred before during the dish's preparation and the restaurant has stopped serving it.