DETROIT - More than three years after an arson claimed the life of a Highland Park man, murder charges have been issued.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy on Tuesday said 34-year-old Reneco Michelle Graus, of Detroit, is facing murder, assault and arson charges for allegedly setting fire to an apartment door on Richton Street on May 16, 2010.
The fire spread to more than 40 units.
Raymond Jordan, 64, jumped from the fourth floor to escape the fire, but died.
Worthy didn't immediately release details about a motive behind Graus allegedly starting the fire. Worthy said more details would be released during a preliminary hearing.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Judge: Emails, docs in Detroit EM case won't be released
- Man tries to rob pizza deliveryman, ends up shot
- Detroit FBI gets new special agent in charge
- Detroit buses back on the streets
- Highland Park may need new emergency manager
- 2 houses burn on Detroit's east side
- City Council rejects Orr's loan proposal
- Man charged in 5-year-old Detroit girl's 2011 murder
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.