FLINT, Mich. - Michigan authorities say 3 people are dead after what is believed to be an accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
Flint police say a man, woman and boy were found early Christmas morning. The adults were dead at the scene, and the 11-year-old boy died at a hospital.
Mlive.com reports police say carbon monoxide apparently killed the three. Autopsies are planned to confirm the cause of death.
Relatives identify the adult victims as 43-year-old Troy Edwards and 37-year-old Selena Edwards. They didn't give the name of the boy, who was Selena Edwards' son.
Early reports stated 2 deaths in Bruce Township due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. Macomb County authorities say that is inaccurate and that the couple found dead died of natural causes.
- Doctor explains carbon monoxide poisoning
- Former Michigan rowing standout killed in murder-suicide
- Police: Man threatened AK-47 attack on Christmas
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.