The Farbman Group will host its 5th annual "Christmas in January" food drive to benefit Gleaners Community Food Banks of Southeastern Michigan Jan. 29 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Southfield-based Farbman Group is a leading full-service real estate company. Farbman extends the spirit of giving in the community well after the holiday season.
In 2013, the event collected a total of 1,900 pounds of food, which is the equivalent of 3,400 meals to feed hungry people in southeast Michigan.
Gleaners recommends donating high protein canned items such as peanut butter, tuna fish, chicken, ham, chili and beans.
Their is also a great need for individually packaged healthy snacks for kids and personal care items such as toothpaste, deodorant and soap.
Trucks will be stationed outside of each building to collect donations. Donations can be dropped off until the day of the drive.
Farbman Group food drive pick-up locations:
- Essex Centre, 28400 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, Mich. 48034
- Bingham Office Center, 30600-30800 Telegraph Road, Bingham Farms, Mich. 48025
- Oakland Commons, 20700 Civic Center Drive, Southfield, Mich. 48076
- Southfield Centre, 18000 W. Nine Mile Road, Southfield, Mich. 48075
- Sheffield Office Park, 3250, 3290 and 3310 West Big Beaver Road, Troy, Mich. 48084
- New Center One Building, 3031 W. Grand Blvd., Detroit, Mich. 48202