Farmington Hills-based law firm to donate 500 smoke detectors to Detroit fire department
Fabian, Sklar & King P.C.'s annual donation is to take place Wednesday
A law firm once again intends to donate 500 smoke detectors to the Detroit fire department.
The official announcement of Fabian, Sklar & King P.C.'s annual donation is to take place Wednesday in Detroit.
The Farmington Hills-based firm says its donation of the 10-year sealed lithium battery-operated smoke detectors is in honor of Fire Prevention Week, which runs through Saturday.
Fire officials plan to install the detectors in Detroit residents' homes free of charge.
Fabian, Sklar & King represents those injured or killed in fires and explosions.
Stuart Sklar represented the families of the Franks Furniture explosion and the Royal Oak house explosion.
A natural gas explosion ripped through the William C. Franks Furniture Store in Wayne on Dec. 29, 2010, killing employees James Zell and Leslie Machniak.
Dan Malczynski was killed Feb. 27 when his home on Cooper Avenue in Royal Oak blew up from gas leak.
- Wayne furniture store closes after deadly 2010 explosion
- 1 year later: The deadly Wayne explosion
- Royal Oak gas line under repair months after explosion
- Consumers Energy turns in report on Royal Oak explosion
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.