Fireworks accidentally launched into Sterling Heights garage

Several injured including 8-year-old girl when fireworks explode on ground

By Ian Vickers - Producer

STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. - Fourth of July celebrations took an unfortunate turn at one Sterling Heights home.

Police tell Local 4 fireworks were being set off in the middle of Steel Drive when one of the projectile tubes fell over. The tube then launched the fireworks into a nearby garage where people were standing.

Viewer video: Fireworks explosion in Sterling Heights

Three adults and an 8-year-old girl suffered minor burns. The back windows of a van were blown out as well.

The person who ignited the fireworks was ticketed.

Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.