Florida deputies have arrested a 27-year-old suspect in a shooting that left one man dead in Michigan.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant Saturday at about 1:45 p.m. at a home in Clearwater, about 20 miles west of Tampa.
Authorities say Alex John Parker Jr. of Flint, Michigan, was wanted for shooting two men in Flint on Oct. 12.
Parker allegedly shot the men in retaliation after one of them shot him several weeks before. Two warrants were issued for his arrest, one for homicide and the other for attempted homicide.
Investigators developed leads indicated he could be staying at a residence in Clearwater. Early Saturday, a SWAT team entered the home and found Parker hiding underneath a bed.
Detectives say Parker has a long criminal history.
Read more News headlines from across the state:
- Amber Alert: 2-year-old boy goes missing from Washtenaw Co.
- Student: Eastern Michigan apartments said not to call 911
- U of M offers free course for healthcare overhaul
- 'Baby Bree' is going home
- Cold front moves in this weekend
- EMU to beef up police patrols
- Medical marijuana parents win battle for custody of baby
- EMU students hold anti-violence rally
- Rally, vigil planned for slain Eastern Michigan player