Gas explosion injures 2 at Pontiac home

By Dave Bartkowiak - Web Producer
Headline Goes Here

WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Two people were hospitalized Friday night after a gas explosion at their home in Pontiac.

Police and firefighters were called to the home on Argyle Avenue near Orchard Lake and Telegraph roads where they found a 33-year-old man and woman with several burns.

The furnace had gone out in the home and a gas explosion occurred when they tried to relight it, according to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.

Both the man and woman are expected to recover and be OK.

Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.