Health One Credit Union was where witness advised Bernard to open account. Witness had mortgage ownership with them. Witness suggested a limited liability corporation to Bernard. "It's pretty simple."
Did conversation take place before mayor took office? Don't know.
Chutkow wants to read for record what Rutherford said under oath. John shea objects.
Judge says let's take it up at the end of the day.
Exhibit RUTH 25- "What did you do with 23 and 24" says Rutherford. A check from DPR Management LLC to Maestro Associates on April 1st 2002 for $10,000. Rutherford says he wrote it because he entered agreement with Maestro & Associates.
Did this correlate with Bernard opening his bank account? It could have been. In short conversation I suggested where he could open account.
Exhibits 26 through 35- checks from DPR Management LLC to Maestro.
2. check from DPR to Maestro May 3rd 2002 for $10,000.
3. check from DPR to Maestro on June 4th 2002 for $10,000.
4. check from DPR to Maestro on July 2nd 2002 for $13,000.
5. check from DPR to Maestro on August 2002 for $10,000.
6. check from DPR to Maestro on September 9th 2002 for $10,000.
7. check from DPR to Maestro on October 8th 2002 for $10,0000.
8. check from DPR to Maestro on November 8th 2002 for $10,000.
9. check from DPR to Maestro on December 20th 2002 for $10,000.
10. check from DPR to Maestro on February 5th 2003 for $15,000. Why more? Can't recall says witness. Looks over document. My explanation is that last exhibit is on December 20th and the next one is February 2003 so there is a check missing. so the check is to make up for no January.
11. check from DPR to Maestro on March 7th 2003 for $5,000.
How did you decide how checks would be issued? Looks like the beginning of month.
You don't know if he asked for it? no Bernard wouldn't have had to ask for it. I had it ready.
Did you need Bernard's services? not particularly.
Why did you hire him? 1. Because he's mayor's son and 2. never know when you might need him
Did he come to homeless shelter? Never needed him for shelter of mentally ill people.
Did he have any experience with casinos? Probably a little bit.
Because he gambles? I don't know if he gambles.
12:32PM So the check for $5,000 in march 2003, is that the last check to Bernard? It looks like it.