2oz: Leeks, diced
2oz: Celery, diced
6oz: Onion, diced
2cloves: Garlic, minced
Pinch of Saffron
14oz: Arborio rice, washed
1cup: White wine
4-5cups: Stock or broth
4oz: Parmesan cheese
8oz: Asparagus, washed and cut on bias into 2-3 inch pieces
¼oz: Black truffle slices
12each: Grape tomatoes, cut in half
8oz: Wild mushrooms, assorted varieties
8oz: Shrimp (26/30 size), remove tails
As needed: Salt and pepper to taste
As needed: Parmesan cheese
- Place the butter in a thick heavy bottom pot and sweat the celery, onions, leeks, garlic and saffron until the onions are transparent.
- Add the rice, stir it well. Cook until lightly toasted and nutty aroma is present.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add 1/3 of the stock while stirring frequently until the stock is absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock in two or more additions stirring frequently.
- Cook the risotto until the rice is al-dente and most of the liquid is absorbed. The texture should be creamy.
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes and asparagus, cover and let steep until the seafood is cooked.
- Finish the risotto with the black truffle slices, then adjust the seasoning and texture with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese before service.