Based on Sam Raimi's 80's cult classic films, The Ringwald and Olympia Entertainment are thrilled to be bringing the hilariously, bloody Evil Dead: The Musical back to Detroit for its fourth annual engagement.
In honor of the cult classic's Detroit world premiere in October 1981, the musical will perform a four week engagement starting Wednesday, October 2 through Saturday, October 26 at Detroit's City Theatre; located inside Hockeytown Café at 2301 Woodward Avenue.
Evil Dead: The Musical unearths the old familiar story: boy and friends take a weekend getaway at abandoned cabin, boy expects to get lucky, boy unleashes ancient evil spirit, friends turn into Candarian Demons, boy fights until dawn to survive. As musical mayhem descends upon this sleepover in the woods, "camp" takes on a whole new meaning with uproarious numbers like "All the Men in my Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons", "What the F&%* Was That?" and "Do the Necronomicon".
About Ringwald Theatre
The Ringwald opened their doors six years ago on May 11, 2007 with Fatal Attraction: A Greek Tragedy. Quickly, The Ringwald became a mainstay of Detroit's theatre community. Past Productions include: Thank You For Being a Friend, The Bad Seed, The Divine Sister, The Book of Liz, Rent, and The Facts of Life: The Lost Episode. The Ringwald was named 2009 and 2012 Best Theatrical Troupe by Real Detroit and Best Place to See Local Theatre in 2010, 2011 and 2012 by the readers of Metro Times.
Tickets can be purchased at OlympiaEntertainment.com, the Fox Theatre and Joe Louis Arena box offices, Hockeytown Authentics in Troy (without service charge), at all Ticketmaster locations and Ticketmaster.com. To charge tickets by phone, call (800) 745-3000.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Thursday, October 3, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Friday, October 4, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Saturday, October 5, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Friday, October 11, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Friday, October 18, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Friday, October 25, 2013 - 8:00PM
- Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 4:00PM
- Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 9:00PM