DETROIT - A 25-year-old woman from Roseville was killed in an early morning accident that closed down eastbound I-96 near Schaefer in Detroit.
According to witnesses, a gray Pontiac rear-ended a minivan just before 1:30 a.m. Monday. Both vehicles left the roadway and struck the median wall.
The woman driving the minivan was pronounced dead on the scene. Her name has not been released pending the notification of family. The driver of the Pontiac was transported to a local hospital and is in critical condition. Eastbound I-96 has since reopened.
Police are investigating the crash but say it does not appear alcohol was a factor. The woman however was not wearing her seatbelt.
- Mich. beachgoers lost 755 days to pollution in '12
- Brown to become restructuring officer under Detroit EM
- Police describe grisly scene in Cipriano murder trial
- Recall: Chandeliers could fall from ceiling
- Father, son share passion with young writers
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.