DETROIT - Two people were rushed to a hospital early Wednesday morning after a hit-and-run on Detroit's east side.
Just before 4 a.m., a Yukon was traveling eastbound on Longview Street when it ran a stop sign and hit a car that was going northbound on Dickerson Street.
The impact caused the car to roll. Rescue officials had to cut off the roof in order to get to the two trapped passengers.
The driver of the Yukon fled on foot from the scene.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Detroit faces possible manager takeover
- Benefit being held for man who donated kidney to girl
- Dearborn Cheli's Chili Bar to close
- Detroit mom speaks of fear she feels in community, home
- Detroit review team finds 'financial emergency' in city
- Dearborn shelter seeks donations for 'kangaroo' dog
- Ex-Wayne County official found guilty of corruption
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.