Deadly Detroit apartment fire leaves 1 dead

Source: Possible careless smoking caused fire at Parker House

DETROIT - An apartment fire on Detroit's east side has left one man dead.

The body of a 53-year-old was found Wednesday morning while firefighters worked to quell a fire that broke out at the Parker House apartments in the 600 block of Parker Street.

Local 4 has learned that the victim was a heavy smoker and a lit cigarette may have sparked the fire.

Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.