DETROIT - Tuesday, United States Attorney Barbara McQuade filed felony charges against a former Detroit City Council staffer.
George Stanton, the former chief of staff to ex-Councilwoman Alberta Tinsley-Talabi, is accused of accepting a $15,000 cash bribe in 2007.
The charge alleges that Roy Dixon paid Stanton the money in order to gain influence with him and his position to council.
Tinsley-Talabi is currently a state representative. She has not been charged in the investigation.
- Bed bugs in Detroit: Motor City still itching
- Baby born in parking lot after bomb threat
- 911 calls released in antique tank incident
- US safety agency may expand GM car recall
- Watermelon-packed truck gets wedged under overpass
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.