DETROIT - A man is in the hospital after being shot while attending a 5-year-old's birthday party in Detroit.
The incident happened Tuesday night at a home in the 2900 block of McLean Street.
Just after 8 p.m., the 21-year-old victim noticed several people outside the home in a physical altercation. When he tried to break up the dispute, a man produced a gun and shot him.
The victim is expected to be OK but the gunman got away.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Detroit police at 313-596-1340 or Crime Stoppers at 800-SPEAKUP.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Detroit faces possible manager takeover
- Benefit being held for man who donated kidney to girl
- Dearborn Cheli's Chili Bar to close
- Detroit mom speaks of fear she feels in community, home
- Detroit review team finds 'financial emergency' in city
- Dearborn shelter seeks donations for 'kangaroo' dog
- Ex-Wayne County official found guilty of corruption
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.