Macomb County Sheriff's Office: Teen says man approached her along Van Dyke Avenue
16-year-old wasn't hurt during incident on May 18 near 26 Mile Road
The Macomb County Sheriff's Office said 16-year-old Washington Township girl has reported being approached by a strange man while walking down Van Dyke Avenue earlier this month.
In a statement, the office said the teen was on her way home from work on the evening of May 18 when a man in a silver four-door Pontiac Grand AM pulled up next to her.
He told her to "get in," but she kept walking.
He kept following her until she pulled out her cell phone and started to make a call.
The man was described by the girl as white, about 30 years old with a dark brown goatee.
The sheriff's office said a 56-year-old Oxford woman had reported a similar incident, but the car had been tan Ford Taurus.
Anyone with information can contact the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at 586-307-9358.
- Appeal denied for husband in 'comic book store' killing
- Family from Macomb Twp. survives Oklahoma tornado
- Husband in Michigan hit man case withdraws plea
- Man arrested after police standoff at Warren motel
- St. Clair Shores going all out for Memorial Day parade
- Armada man busted with child porn
- 2 charged in Macomb Township road rage incident
- Warren pet store raided by police; owner hiding in basement