LENOX TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A 56-year-old man died Tuesday morning when the car he was driving in crashed into a telephone pole in Macomb County's Lenox Township.
The Sheriff's Office said Charles Brett Alexander, of Marysville, was going eastbound on 32 Mile Road just west of Haven Ridge Road just before 3 a.m. when his car left the road and hit the pole.
Investigators said Alexander was wearing a seatbelt and alcohol is not suspected of being a factor in the crash.
He had just left his job at the GM plant in Lake Orion.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Warren men charged for threats against police on Facebook
- Elderly woman scammed out of $30K
- Girl says stranger approached her on Eastpointe street
- Coworker: Woman found dead along I-75 had lived in fear
- Man accused of carjacking teens outside pizza shop
- De La Salle senior credits disability for his opportunities
- Man arrested in week-long crime spree
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.