DETROIT - A 22-year-old man will stand trial for the rape of a woman who was with her husband in a car on New Year's Eve in Detroit.
Police said the 56-year-old victim and her husband were driving near Findlay and Bradford just before midnight on Dec. 31, 2012, when their car got suck in the snow.
Howard McKnight is accused of approaching the couple, pulling a gun on the husband and raping the woman. He's also accused of stealing jewelry and $280 from the couple.
He is charged with kidnapping, armed robbery, felonious assault, first-degree criminal sexual conduct, felony firearm and felon in possession of a firearm.
He was bound over for trial Tuesday.
His next court date for arraignment in circuit court is Jan. 29.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Detroit police: Man dies trying to break up fight
- Gunman ambushes man on Detroit's west side
- Blog: Carmen Harlan attends Obama's inauguration
- Gilbert closer to acquiring Greektown Casino
- Former Wayne State University football player dies
- Detroit's Cass Tech marching band performs at inauguration
- With dropping temps, protect your pets
- McDonald's to pay up in lawsuit over Islamic diet rules
- Person hurt jumping from burning home in Detroit
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.