DETROIT - A man who previously escaped from jail in Arizona, has escaped from another jail in Michigan.
Rocky Marquez, 34, escaped from the Wayne County Jail on January 20th while awaiting extradition back to Phoenix, Arizona.
Marquez escaped from an Arizona jail in May 2012 by impersonating another inmate and using their name and inmate number.
Somehow Marquez was able to steal the identity of an inmate who was ready to be released.
He was found and arrested earlier this January in the city of Detroit.
Sources confirm that Marquez used the same method again to escape from jail in Detroit.
"It is something we are taking very, very seriously. If it is determined that someone in this agency was complicit or that a prisoner was complicit those people will be prosecuted," said Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon in a phone interview.
The U.S. Marshals Department has issued a nationwide alert to find Marquez.
- Compuware says no thanks to firm's takeover offer
- Detroit woman has been missing since December
- Report: Child poverty skyrockets in Detroit
- Community helping siblings who lost their parents
- Jane Bashara's murder: 1 year later
- Former Detroit police chief still cashing checks
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.