Michigan State head football coach Mark Dantonio held a news conference Tuesday in which he discussed the investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving three of his players.
Before Tuesday's news conference at Spartan Stadium, Dantonio had not taken questions from the media since three of his football players, who remain unnamed, and a staff member were suspended amid an investigation into an alleged sexual assault from Jan. 16. Dantonio did not go into detail Tuesday about the investigation. He said his program will survive this tough time.
"My goal in coming here was always to foster a program in which there was accountability, integrity and class in everything that we try to do," he said. "That will remain in place."
Mark Dantonio said MSU decided to move spring practice up because there wasn't an opportunity for bowl practice last year.— Derick Hutchinson (@Derick_Hutch) March 28, 2017
All three players have been removed from university housing and suspended from the team, but they are still allowed to attend classes and their scholarships are still in place.
The coach said since the investigation was announced corner back Drake Martinez and other players have transferred.
Curtis Blackwell, the team's director of college advancement and performance, has been placed on paid leave.
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.