CENTER LINE, Mich. - A 49-year-old Center Line woman who was hit by a car Tuesday night has died.
Police said the woman was crossing Van Dyke Avenue at Helen Street when she was hit.
She was taken to an area hospital, but later died.
Police said the driver who hit the woman stayed on the scene and cooperated with police.
The driver has not been ticketed because police said they think it was an accident, but are still investigating.
Police said it appears the woman wandered into traffic.
Read more Local News:
- Low-cost pet vaccinations available in Warren
- Woman hit, killed by car in Warren
- Busted! Five arrested for Macomb County home invasions
- Mom arrested for driving under influence of drugs
- Police: 2 caught in Roseville robbery, more on the run
- Groesbeck Highway resurfacing project kicks off
- Shelby Township firefighters hurt in crash
- Body parts found in Macomb County sewer belong to women
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.