MONROE COUNTY, Mich. - The Monroe County Sheriff's Office is investigating an accident that killed one person on Tuttlehill Road, in London Township.
Police say Roy W. Leffler, age 27, of Romulus, was driving a pickup truck and pulling a homemade sled behind him.
A 25-year-old man, also from Romulus, was riding in the sled when he was ejected while the truck was moving.
Police say Robert L. Tackett was flung out of the sled and stuck a tree.
He suffered multiple injuries and was transported to St. Joseph's Hospital in Ann Arbor where he later died.
The crash remains under investigation by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident or has information about the crash is asked to call 734-240-7768.
- Marathon trainees dedicate efforts to Boston victims
- Canucks beat Wings in SO to clinch playoff spot
- Police search for man linked to Corktown Inn murder
- Random act of kindness spreads priceless message
- Debbie Dingell will sit out Senate race
- MSU's defense scores 2 TDs during spring football
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.