Police say a group of friends were jumping off the Superior Road Bridge into the river late Saturday night when things went terribly wrong.
A 21-year-old Pittsfield Township man called out for help in the water after his jump. But, before his friends could reach him, he went under and never came back up.
The Washtenaw County Sheriff's dive team found Donovan Jerard Hyter's body Monday evening.
- Children get chance to play ball at Comerica Park
- Gov. Snyder pushes Medicaid expansion message
- Charles Pugh investigation begins Monday
- James Craig begins first day as Detroit chief Monday
- Gary Brown's resignation officially takes effect Monday
- Royal Oak to verify proof of dog licenses
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.