Fire sweeps through Ecorse business

Blaze at 'Hurry Back Bar' may have begun with explosion

ECORSE, Mich. - Fire swept through a bar in Ecorse Monday morning - consuming the entire building within a matter of minutes. The fire at the Hurry Back Bar on Jefferson and Maria began just before 7 a.m.

Early reports are the fire may have been sparked by some sort of explosion - beginning in a garage and spreading to the bar.

According to the owner of the bar scrappers had been renting the garage. Once the fire began in the garage it quickly spread to the bar and four apartments above the bar. Everybody was able to make it out of all the buildings safely.

Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.