Location: Group will plant and seed a community garden at Southampton and Hereford (one block south of Chandler Park Drive)
10 a.m. - noon
City Contact: Ray Solomon (313) 220-6115 – Community Affairs Manager
On-site group contact: Jim Grenwick (313) 720-1094
Residents, business owners, houses of worship, block clubs, and schools are encouraged to:
- Call (313) 224-3450 to register to join the cleanup effort or register online at www.MotorCityMakeover.org.
- Clean the area around their home, business, house of worship, or school on the Saturday designated
for their sector.
- Oganize their neighborhoods or their employees for a group cleanup. Volunteers can select a nearby area or call (313) 224-3450 or their local Recreation Community Affairs office for a location.
- Beautify their area by planting flowers, plants, or trees, or by removing graffiti, etc.
- Motor City Makeover is a bagged litter campaign. There will be No Curbside Pickup of litter. Bagged litter will only be collected from pre-established locations.
- Volunteers who need limited supplies of gloves and bags are asked to contact their local Recreation Community Affairs office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- In addition, volunteers may take bagged litter to any of the five drop-off locations listed below, which will be open on the three Saturday cleanup dates.
Bulk Drop-Off Locations
Limit is 1,000 pounds.
Bulk Drop-Off Hours: Monday – Saturday 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Davison Yard - 8221 West Davison
• Southfield Yard - 12255 Southfield Service Dr.
• 5840 Anthon between Cavalry and Campbell
• State Fair Yard - 19715 John R
- Only Motor City Makeover Saturdays (May 4, 11, and 18)
- J. Fons Transfer Station - 6451 E. McNichols, Monday through Saturday, 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.