DETROIT - The Michigan Humane Society says it is teaming up with PetSmart for three adoption events to be held this weekend across southeast Michigan.
The adoption events, which will take place in Ann Arbor, Roseville and West Bloomfield, start at 11 a.m. and will feature adoptable dogs, puppies, cats and kittens.
Special Section: Adopt a Pet page
Organizers of the National Adoption Weekend events said the adoption process mirrors that at MHS' three adoption centers. Adoptions are on a first-come, first-served basis to qualified families, with a listing of pets available online.
MHS said its adoption fees for cats and kittens at its PetSmart partner locations are $65 or two for $95; adoption fees for dogs over 4 months are $190; puppies and lap dogs (20 pounds or less) are $290.
All dogs and cats have been spayed or neutered and received age-appropriate vaccinations. According to MHS, all cats have also been microchipped at no additional cost.
The adoption events will be held at the following times and PetSmart locations:
- Friday, Nov. 15 - Ann Arbor PetSmart, 2865 Oak Valley Drive
- Saturday, Nov. 16 - Roseville PetSmart, 20530 E 13 Mile Road
- Sunday, Nov.17 - West Bloomfield PetSmart, 7260 Orchard Lake Road
For more information, call 1-866-MHUMANE (648-6263), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or visit their website.
More in Pets:
- Study: Ancient dogs domesticated in Europe
- 'Victory' for rescued dog, Dearborn Animal Shelter
- Pets for Patriots gives back to veterans
- Rescued! Pooch who fell from porch
- 6 travel hotspots where cats rule
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.