DETROIT - An 87-year-old Detroit woman can thank her neighbors for rescuing her from her burning home on Wednesday near Petoskey and Tyler avenues.
The Detroit Fire Department says Dorothy Edmund was alone in her apartment bedroom when a fire started in the kitchen area.
Neighbors saw smoke and broke a window on the other side of the home to get inside and pull her out.
Edmund was taken to a nearby hospital. The Fire Department believes she is in stable condition.
Firefighters went to the home and doused the flames.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.