The father of a 2-year-old Detroit girl who has been missing since last year will now go to trial for her disappearance.

The girl, Bianca Jones, hasn’t been seen since Dec. 2, 2011, when her father said he was carjacked with her in the back seat.

Police found the car a short time later, but the girl wasn't in it.

D'Andre Lane was bound over to trial Tuesday by Judge Ruth Carter on charges of felony murder and first-degree child abuse.

Witnesses and officers have testified that Lane might have beaten and killed the girl.

However, her body has still not been found.

Carter said she made her decision based on testimony from people who were inside the house the night before the girl went missing.

Lane's own girlfriend said she awoke to hear Bianca crying and being disciplined by Lane for wetting the bed. She said he used a stick he had made by wrapping a sponge with duct tape. She said she heard Lane hit Bianca “three or four times" before everything was quiet.

Others said Bianca was never seen the following morning and that Lane carried her out to his car and covered her with a blanket once she was inside the car.

Police said there was also a 45 minute gap between when they were told about the girl's disappearance.

Lane is scheduled to be arraigned June 5.