BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. -

Bloomfield Township police say an 18-year-old whose body was found on a private beach over the weekend died from an accidental overdose from smoking the herbal incense known as "K2" or "spice."

Oliver Satchel Smith's body was found Saturday in the area of Walnut Lake and Franklin roads by someone who was fishing on Wing Lake.

Police on Tuesday released his cause death, saying more toxicology test results were still coming in but that the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office had said Smith's death was a "direct result" of smoking the synthetic cannabis.

Carol Mastroianni with the Birmingham-Bloomfield Community Coalition says trying to control the substance is like a moving target.

"As soon as it gets banned, it's unbanned because they've perfected the packaging of it and they're able to quickly change the ingredients," said Mastroianni. "We have to be educated. Knowledge is power, and the knowledge is out there. We have to talk to our kids. Otherwise we are going to lose more, and we can't have anyone else die. This is too much."

Visitation for Smith is Wednesday in Troy

Visitation for Smith is Wednesday between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. at Lynch and Sons Funeral Home in Troy.

The Funeral is scheduled for Thursday.

Stories related to K2: