Two men arrested in connection with shooting at Ecorse after-hours club
More than 40 shots were fired; 1 killed and 2 others hurt
The Ecorse Department of Public Safety has arrested two men involved in 40 shots being fired in the early morning hours of October 7, 2012 on 12th street in Ecorse.
---The after-hours club where the deadly shooting happened
22-year-old Chanel Weddington was killed during the shooting and two others were injured..
Arrested were; Johnny Lerue Davis Jr., a 20 year old Detroit resident and Andrew Lee Ursery, an 18 year old Detroit resident.
Both Defendants were charged by the Wayne County Prosecutor as follows;
- Count 1 Homicide-Murder-Second Degree, punishable by up to Life in prison
- Count 2 Assault with Intent to Murder, punishable by up to Life in prison
- Count 3 Assault with Intent to Murder (multiple victims)
- Count 4 Weapons-Firearms-Discharge in or at a building, 4 year Felony
- Count 5 Felony Firearm, 2 year Felony to be served consecutively to other punishments.
Both Defendants were arraigned at 25th District Court in Ecorse and remanded to the Wayne County Jail without Bond. A Preliminary Exam is scheduled for Thursday October 25, 2012 at 25th District Court in Ecorse.
The after-hours club where the shooting happened is believed to be owned by Ecorse City Council member Stacy Wheeler. Local 4 tried to contact her in connection with the case, she referred Local 4's Rod Meloni to her lawyer - but did not provide her attorney's name.