DETROIT - Prosecutors have decided against bringing charges in a Michigan construction worker's death along Interstate 94 last year.
In a news release Wednesday, the Michigan State Police says it submitted a warrant package to the Macomb County prosecutor's office, but charges weren't authorized.
Justin Vallad of Standish died in a March 10, 2012, traffic incident near 11 Mile in St. Clair Shores.
Witnesses told police a sport utility vehicle was rear-ended by a truck, which forced the SUV to strike Vallad.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Clinton Twp. firefighters investigate fatal fire
- Woman hit by car in Sterling Heights
- Red Cross helps motel fire victims
- Fraser man confronts intruder, holds him for police
- 81-year-old man dies after Warren fire
- 2 found dead in St. Clair Shores
- Warren father of 3 reported missing
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.