NORTHVILLE, Mich. - A Northville school bus, carrying 18 students, was involved in a accident Tuesday morning.
Officials from Northville Public Schools say the bus was driven by an experienced driver, and was on Franklin Road when it started to slide due to icy road conditions.
The children were on the way to Winchester Elementary School in Northville.
The bus slid off the road sideways, into a tree, and then came to a stop.
School officials said no student injuries were reported.
Police arrived at the scene, and asked students to exit the bus.
The students then walked to the Meads Mill parking lot, and boarded another bus to complete the route to Winchester.
Students arrived at school around 9 a.m., and continued with their regular school day.
- Jury selection starts for Michigan man in child sex case
- Man dies following trench accident
- Ford earns $1.6B in 4Q, tops Wall Street forecast
- Highland Twp. man faces sentencing for mom's murder
- Police presence stepped up at Utica Community Schools