Novi police are investigating the death of a 7-month-old infant on Mother's Day.
Assistant Novi Police Chief Jerrod Hart confirms the infant was found unresponsive in a home located in the Novi Meadows mobile home park just after 3 p.m Sunday.
Hart says the family called police to say their infant daughter was found unresponsive. Chief Jerrod Hart calls the infant's death a "target situation" to happen especially on Mother's Day.
No one is in custody and an autopsy will be performed. The autopsy report may take up to four or five weeks before a cause of death is known.
- Police profilers to help in Jessica Heeringa case
- 5 new stores coming to Somerset Collection
- Inside Bob Bashara's secret dungeon
- Detroit mayor 'on the same page' with Orr's report
- Deadly crash closes EB Michigan Ave. at Southfield Freeway
- Package at transit center is suitcase with clothes