Job skills training, on-site social workers and medical care will be some services made available to students, families and the community at 21 Detroit Public Schools buildings.
The district says its "12/7 Community Schools" are designed to better serve needs of families across the city.
The school sites were announced Thursday morning by officials and the district's community partners at Clark Preparatory Academy.
Each school will serve as a neighborhood hub by housing community-based programs and partnerships. The program is part of the district's five-year strategic plan that calls for longer school days, extended building hours, increasing enrollment and improving academic performance.
List of community school sites:
- Bagley Elementary School
- Bennett Elementary School
- Clark Preparatory Academy
- Cody Campus
- Detroit International Academy
- Earhart Elementary-Middle School
- East English Village Preparatory Academy
- Fisher Magnet Lower Academy
- Fisher Magnet Upper Academy
- Marcus Garvey Academy
- Golightly Education Center
- Gompers Elementary-Middle School
- Harms Elementary School
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School
- Ludington Magnet Middle School
- Mackenzie Elementary-Middle School
- Munger Elementary-Middle School
- Osborn Campus
- Priest Elementary-Middle School
- Mark Twain Elementary-Middle School
- Western International High School