MASISON HEIGHTS, Mich. - Madison Heights Police have a man in custody after he was found near a high school with a shotgun.
Police were called to the Madison Preparatory School on Hales, just after 12:30 p.m. Thursday, after a man was seen across the street from the school with a gun.
When police arrived, the 24-year-old man from Bloomfield pointed the gun in the direction of police and then pointed it at himself.
No shots were fired and the man was taken into custody.
Police say they are still investigating the man's intentions for bringing the gun to the location. The news comes just hours after an eighth-grade student at Davidson Middle School in Southgate shot and killed himself in school on Thursday morning.
Police say in the Madison Heights incident the suspect never attempted to enter the school; however a lockdown was put in place and lifted once the man was in custody.
- Home sales hit highest rate in 3 years
- Seven years, seven lives changed by Twitter
- Woman dies in crash on I-94 in Detroit, drivers flee
- 2 in custody after robbery in Southfield, police chase
- Mother of 5 loses Detroit home in fire
- Detroit Medical Center drops plans in Royal Oak
- Coke cutting 750 U.S. jobs
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.