HARPER WOODS, Mich. - Police have made an arrest in connection to the shooting death of a 60-year-old man killed in his Harper Woods home on Valentine's Day.
Johnny Buckner was found dead by his grandson just before midnight in the 18700 block of Old Homestead. Buckner had lived in the home with his grandson.
Friends said Buckner's wife passed away a couple of years ago from an accident on her job, and his spirits were just starting to rise.
A 2001 Cadillac Deville sought by police from the homicide scene was recently found abandoned in Detroit.
Police previously believed Buckner was killed during a home invasion, but now believe the shooting wasn't a random crime.
Police say the victim and suspect knew each other.
The name of the suspect wasn't released pending an arraignment.
- Michigan fraternity suspended over semi-nude photos
- Detroit lawmaker breaks with Dems, now independent
- PETA: Palace among top vegetarian-friendly venues
- Authorities: 6 horses dead after Michigan barn fire
- Aerial search still doesn't find missing Michigan man
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.