Police: Fugitive sought by prison officials found hiding under Detroit-area attic insulation
Suspect arrested without incident at home in Waterford Township
Police say they caught a fugitive wanted by the Michigan Department of Corrections hiding under insulation in a suburban Detroit home's attic.
Officers went to the home Wednesday night Oakland County's Waterford Township after getting information that the 29-year-old man might be there.
Police say they spoke with the 74-year-old homeowner, who said she didn't know the man was a fugitive and allowed them to search the home. The suspect, whose name wasn't immediately released by police, was taken into custody without incident.
The man is being held at the Oakland County Jail, pending follow-up from state prison officials.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Bob Woodruff to be honored at Detroit-area fundraiser
- Child eats pot cookie, taken to hospital
- Maple Road in Milford Twp. reopens
- Oakland Mall security director accused of stealing
- What's going around Metro Detroit
- OCC student info mistakenly online
- Man who shot neighbor over barking dogs going to prison
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.