Police were called into sweep Southgate High School Monday morning because of a threat that was found in a bathroom stall.
Southgate Superintendent William Grusecki told Local 4 the threat was found written in pencil. He didn't clarify what the threat was.
Grusecki said the school was put in secure mode, which meant students and teachers were kept in classroom while police conducted their sweep.
The school was given the all-clear and classes resumed normally for the day.
Read more Local News headlines:
- GPP police launch investigation over alleged harassment
- Detroit police search for missing 39-year-old man
- Highland Park mayor shot in the leg at Detroit nightclub
- Man hit and killed at busy intersection
- Volunteers clean up 'House of Soul' after fire
- Company offers $25K reward in cash advance murder
- Listen: Homeowner's 911 call after shooting woman on porch
- Reward is $27.5K in search for cash advance clerk's killer
- Dearborn Heights man arraigned for porch murder