"This is polarization based on choice and self-selection," Bishop said. "Being an adult is accepting lots of different ways of being. We are so unsure of our own identities that we are not as accepting as we could be of people of different identities. In a sense we are getting what we demand from government. We demand our tribe wins. So that's the fight. It becomes a fight of tribal differences."
- 'Christmas Miracle' brings joy to baggage claim
- 2nd vigil to mark anniversary of EMU student death
- School bus thief to get mental health care
- State park details to be revealed for Belle Isle
- Can kin trump foster parents? Mich. court has case
- Tuesday declared 'Human Rights Day'
- Remembering Mandela: Special coverage on Local 4
- Bob Bashara in court for pretrial hearing Tuesday
- Family of drowned EMU student seeks answers 1 year later
- West Bloomfield board wants governor to remove treasurer