"This is polarization based on choice and self-selection," Bishop said. "Being an adult is accepting lots of different ways of being. We are so unsure of our own identities that we are not as accepting as we could be of people of different identities. In a sense we are getting what we demand from government. We demand our tribe wins. So that's the fight. It becomes a fight of tribal differences."
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Would longer school year help save Pontiac schools?
- Detroit celebrates the life of Nelson Mandela
- US safety agency may expand Hyundai air bag recall
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks
- 15 UM students arrested for breaking into stadium
- Video: Man robs Flat Rock Subway at gunpoint
- Get ready to 'sympathize' with your Facebook friends
- Police: Woman apparently beaten to death in home
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation