(CNN) -- Constitutional rights to bear arms "are not at risk" in seeking ways to reduce gun violence in America, Sen. Patrick Leahy said Wednesday in opening the first congressional hearing since the December shooting rampage at a Connecticut school that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead.
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks
- Former Tigers' slugger elected mayor in Venezuela
- Dad arrested in connection with fire that killed 2 boys
- Police: Woman apparently beaten to death in home
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Would longer school year help save Pontiac schools?
- Detroit celebrates the life of Nelson Mandela
- US safety agency may expand Hyundai air bag recall