(CNN) -- Negotiators working to avert the midnight deadline for automatic "fiscal cliff" tax increases and spending cuts have made significant progress on a deal, sources close to the process told CNN.
- Waterford firefighters rescue man from burning home
- Dad charged in house fire that killed young boys
- 'Christmas Miracle' brings joy to baggage claim
- 2nd vigil to mark anniversary of EMU student death
- School bus thief to get mental health care
- State park details to be revealed for Belle Isle
- Can kin trump foster parents? Mich. court has case
- Tuesday declared 'Human Rights Day'
- Remembering Mandela: Special coverage on Local 4
- Bob Bashara in court for pretrial hearing Tuesday