(CNN) -- The U.S. Senate, in a crucial test vote on Tuesday, chose to move the embattled nomination of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary forward, clearing the way for final consideration and likely confirmation later in the day.
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Dad arrested in connection with fire that killed 2 boys
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks
- Would longer school year help save Pontiac schools?
- Detroit celebrates the life of Nelson Mandela
- US safety agency may expand Hyundai air bag recall
- 15 UM students arrested for breaking into stadium
- Video: Man robs Flat Rock Subway at gunpoint