(CNN) -- President Barack Obama said Monday that lawmakers in Congress from both parties were working together on plans that would expand background checks to all gun purchases and criminalize "straw purchases" in which legal gun owners buy weapons for people prohibited from doing so.
- Mitch Albom to sign copies of book at Art Van
- Look around; Detroit Library offers tours
- Detroit Dog Rescue hosts Pet Pantry Project
- West Bloomfield treasurer could be removed from office
- Bob Ficano hires Warren Evans
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Selling home during holiday season?
- Philanthropist offers $5M to help protect Detroit art
- FDA approves breakthrough treatment for hepatitis C
- Rand Paul has ideas to help Detroit