(CNN) -- "No law or set of laws can keep our children completely safe," President Barack Obama said on Monday in calling for "basic, commonsense steps to reduce gun violence," adding that "if there's one life we can save, we've got an obligation to try."
- Can kin trump foster parents? Mich. court has case
- State park details to be revealed for Belle Isle
- Tuesday declared 'Human Rights Day'
- Remembering Mandela: Special coverage on Local 4
- Bob Bashara in court for pretrial hearing Tuesday
- Family of drowned EMU student seeks answers 1 year later
- West Bloomfield board wants governor to remove treasurer
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Prosecutor accuses judge of issuing illegal sentences
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink