(CNN) -- "No law or set of laws can keep our children completely safe," President Barack Obama said on Monday in calling for "basic, commonsense steps to reduce gun violence," adding that "if there's one life we can save, we've got an obligation to try."
- Was cost of digging for Hoffa worth it?
- Mike Duggan: I only blame myself
- Fans approve downtown arena plans
- Center, Red Wings arena planned for north end of downtown
- Law will quiet complaints over loud fireworks in Michigan
- Contractor steps up to help homeowner with roof damage
- Mike Duggan: There's no viable path forward to win
- Meloni: For all of Detroit's troubles, a glimmer of hope!
- Wayne County jail project was $50M over budget in December
- Trial begins in deadly gas station shooting over condoms