DETROIT - A prisoner who tried to escape custody in a Detroit hospital was caught after getting stuck in a wall.
The sex crimes suspect was being treated at St. John Hospital Wednesday morning when he tried to escape through the ceiling of the bathroom in his room. He ended up getting stuck in the wall between the bathroom and his room.
He had been shot by police the night before during his arrest in a sting.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Masked gunmen get away after chase in Harper Woods
- Courtroom blog: Trial for ex-Wayne County official
- Reward increased in Navy officer's murder investigation
- Prisoner escapes from police custody at hospital
- Drug search executed at Northville High School
- Police: Man dead, 2nd wounded in Detroit shooting
- Missing teen calls to say 'I'm okay,' then hangs up
- Dollar stores targeted by armed robbers in Warren, Detroit
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.