DEARBORN, Mich. - A pug who was snatched earlier this week from a yard in Dearborn is back home.
Dearborn police on Friday sent out a picture of 6-year-old Gus after he was reunited with his owner.
Police said Gus' owner reported him stolen Wednesday morning after seeing a woman take him from a yard in the area of Dudley and Dartmouth.
Gus' owner was able to give police the license plate of the car the dognapper got away in.
Police used the information to track down Gus at a house in southwest Detroit.
He was safe and returned to his rightful owner.
Police said the investigation is ongoing as to whether any criminal charges would be filed in the case.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Family says I-75 crash victim had big heart
- Charles Pugh says he won't run for mayor
- Salt truck, car collide on Davison Fwy. near I-75
- Firefighter hurt battling blaze at Detroit home
- Mayor to publicly address failed Belle Isle deal
- Former DPL contractor indicted for bribery of official
- Controversial pay raises rescinded for Detroit employees
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.