ROYAL OAK, Mich. -

Consumers Energy said it was called Friday morning to repair a two-inch line that broke in Royal Oak when it was hit by a concrete truck.

Reports of the smell of natural gas in the area of Merrill and Woodward started coming in at about 9 a.m.

Consumers confirmed the small leak and said no evacuations were ordered because it was quickly repaired.

In February, a man was killed following a natural gas leak just a short distance from Friday morning's reported situation.

A gas explosion ripped apart a home on Cooper Avenue, killing 58-year-old Dan Malczynski.

Consumers Energy has blamed a ruptured service line for the incident.