Natural gas leak reported in Royal Oak
2-inch gas line broken by cement truck doing work in area near 13 Mile, Coolidge
Consumers Energy said it was called Friday morning to repair a two-inch line that broke in Royal Oak when it was hit by a concrete truck.
Reports of the smell of natural gas in the area of Merrill and Woodward started coming in at about 9 a.m.
Consumers confirmed the small leak and said no evacuations were ordered because it was quickly repaired.
In February, a man was killed following a natural gas leak just a short distance from Friday morning's reported situation.
A gas explosion ripped apart a home on Cooper Avenue, killing 58-year-old Dan Malczynski.
Consumers Energy has blamed a ruptured service line for the incident.