SOUTH LYON, Mich. - A 77-year-old South Lyon man has died after being pinned between his pickup truck and a light pole.
In a statement about the incident, the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said the man parked his 2003 GMC Sierra pickup truck on private property in the 50000 block of Pontiac Trail Sunday morning and got out.
The truck started to roll and the man tried to get back in, but was caught.
He was rushed to Botsford Hospital, but later died.
His name is not yet being released.
Read more News headlines from across Michigan:
- Clay Township store manager nearly hit by gunman's shot
- With dropping temps, protect your pets
- Brother accused of Michigan couple's 1987 death
- Pittsfield Twp. cigarette thief caught on camera
- 3-month-old found safe after abduction
- Statehood Day marks Michigan's 176th birthday
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.